Why take a Corporate Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units
- A key part of the corporate accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company (placed multiple staff and seniors who have been promoted)
- Work & Live in Cypress, Texas
Perks of the Corporate Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Great work-life balance
- Fantastic benefits and flex schedules
What the Corporate Accountant will do…
- Maintain and update a centralized lease database, Includes developing reports and reviewing contracts & other third-party support for real estate and equipment leases.
- Update rent roll listing to ensure accurate payments monthly.
- Review and analyze select balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with preparing monthly journal entries for global leases. After advising, review and work with controllers to confirm entries are proper.
- Oversee the internal facility request process and assist operations with identifying new and/or replacement properties.
- Provide review and analysis of fringe benefit accounting entries.
- Summarize key changes related to fringe benefits and develop projections for management.
- Review corporate financials and address any inquiries as necessary.
- Compute required pension accounting entries for defined benefit plans.
- Research and implement appropriate U.S. GAAP guidance.
- Assist with internal and external audit inquiries.
What the company needs in a Corporate Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 1 years experience in accounting or several accounting-related internships
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experienced with SAP, HFM a huge plus