Advise and support Tax Director and other Tax Managers in corporate tax research, planning, and federal and state tax audits. Supervise the daily compliance operations of the tax department; preparation of consolidated federal tax return, applicable state tax returns, and quarterly estimated tax payments utilizing applicable compliance respond to notices, data management and workflow software such as SharePoint.
- Manage the day-to-day tax operations in support of one or more business segments, including providing timely and accurate tax advice.
- Corporate tax research, tax planning and special projects as needed.
- Assist design and implement tax strategies and other tax-related initiatives.
- Assist in preparing all income tax returns (federal, state, foreign, and local).
- Assist in preparing all aspects of financial reporting for tax.
- Assist in leading tax audits and examinations.
- Assist in the review of foreign tax operations, including local compliance, financial reporting, and audit, and planning support.
- Plan, execute and deliver compliance workflows using SharePoint or other similar software independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform technical review and research of complex tax return issues.
- Manage external vendors
- Mentor, train, and develop direct reports.
- Responsible for the supervision of two Sr. Tax Analysts
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from four-year college or university, Masters in Tax preferred.
- Minimum six (6) year work experience required including experience with U.S. federal and state income tax compliance and experience with automated tax return preparation software.
- CPA required.