- Manages and oversees the maintenance of the financial records of the organization. Supervises general accounting staff. Reviews and/or prepares journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial statements. Ensures the correct, accurate and timely accounting classification and proper documentation of all expenditures. Ensures that internal control is in place and operating effectively.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of the disbursement of semi-monthly funding and of the disbursement of Initiatives funding, and ensures reconciliation with accounting records.
- Provides the Controller and others in senior management with financial information necessary for developing forecasts and financial plans. Provides advice and counsel on financial matters to the managers of other departments. Provides advice and counsel to the Manager of Campaign Processing and Manager of Finance.
- Directs work paper preparation and provides counsel and support for the external audit
- Development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the Accounting Dept. Monitors adherence to the approved budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Provides oversight in the preparation of the annual tax filings (e.g. Form 990, Forms 1099-MISC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus a minimum of five (5) years of financial/general accounting/public accounting experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in supervision and management within an accounting organization with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have experience in Not-for-Profit accounting.
- Public accounting/audit experience a plus.