Why work here:
- Function as a “mini-controller” for a smaller division of a large publicly traded company
- This role will have a significant impact on driving the business and working with various subsidiaries within the division
- Great opportunity to use your Accounting foundation, but put your passion for analysis to use!
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget analysis.
- Success in this role will position this person for further career development
- Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Compiles, consolidates and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on the analysis.
- Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Makes appropriate journal entries to the general ledger. Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
- Coaches less experienced Accountants.
- Minimum of Five (4) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Self-Driven work ethic.