Why work here?
- Growth opportunities/exposure to upper-management
- Autonomous role with little micro-management
- Casual/Friendly working environment
- Full Benefits (401k match, 3 weeks PTO, Medical, etc..)
- Salary 55 to 65K
The Senior Accountant will be joining a team of five and supervising two with this 60-year-old Non-Profit organization. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, this position is autonomous and entrepreneurial in nature. Grant management, investment management, and ad-hoc projects will be a large portion of the tasks as well as managing AR/AP and cash flows. This is a full-time and permanent position we hope grows with our thriving organization.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Primary responsibility for reconciliations of contributed revenue and investment activity.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Analyze financial reports, forecasts, and other data, as assigned.
- Monitor cash flow and investments, making necessary bank transfers.
- Identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Plan, assign and review work of Accounts Payable Administrator and Staff Accountant.
- Work with CFO and Director of Finance, in conjunction with external auditors, to prepare an annual audit.
- Compile/provide financial data for grant reporting.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with other departments as necessary
- Accounting or Finance degree from an accredited University
- 4+ years of accounting experience (2+ of supervisory)
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Financial Edge software experience is a plus