- Participate in the monthly closing process to ensure timely and accurate financials
- Perform monthly closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure tax compliance in all states that we conduct business
- File all tax filings accurately and within the prescribed deadlines
- Research, communicate and implement all tax rate changes
- Review and setup all tax schedules for customers and vendors
- Maintain all required and current documentation for tax-exempt customers
- Ensure all intercompany payable/receivable accounts are reconciled monthly
- Complete all census reports within prescribed deadlines
- Provide ad hoc analysis to management for planning and decision making.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Enforce the company’s financial control policies.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare audit and tax request work papers and respond to internal and external audit requests.
- 3-4 years of accounting experience.
- MAS/Sage 100 experience preferred
- Excise and Sales tax experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Extremely organized; detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance