• Supervises the financial aid advising staff and functions of the financial aid office
• Remains current regarding all federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines pertaining to financial aid programs
• Oversee full-service financial aid advising, including but not limited to document collection, budgeting, awarding, FAFSA verification, and loan certification for college-related programs.
• Assist Director with developing, implementing and revising departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and institutional policies related to financial aid and scholarships
• Hire, train and supervise Financial Aid advising staff in the essentials of customer service, student outreach, financial planning and federal and state financial aid compliance
• Provide leadership, direction, and accountability to the department’s staff as they work with students from application to graduation
• Assists with conducting on and off campus presentations, seminars, and/or workshops for students. Also present information at various events held at HBU, local high schools and at college fair events
• Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the Financial Aid Office’s role in creating a positive educational experience for students. Integrate efforts to maximize Financial Aid’s role in recruiting and retention.
• Counsel and advise students and parents regarding financial needs and problems, and recommend financial aid opportunities, academic progress, eligibility, and procedures.
• Serves as a liaison with departments in the processing of departmental scholarships. Oversee the receipt of departmental scholarship, awarding funds to the students’ accounts and monitoring the disbursement of the funds. Provides reports to each of the departments each semester and as requested.
• Monitors student’s SAP and GPA of all aid recipients each semester. Notifies students of the appeal processes if they are not meeting the standards. Makes recommendation for the appeal denial or approval to the Director.
• Resolves and/or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- 4-year degree
- 3 plus years of financial aid experience