Our client is in the commodities trading business, and they are searching for a CFO to join their team. This person will be a true business partner to the CEO, Sales & Operations. This position will be located in Amarillo, Texas.
The purpose of this role is to be the financial support and partner to the CEO, growing to become a part of the Senior Executive Team to work together to build shareholder value, and provide strategic, operational, and programmatic support to the organization:
- Support the CEO’s strategic and tactical plan development and implementation
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the day to day accounting, financial, regulatory and taxes functions.
- Develop a special relationship with the Board of Directors through the Audit Committee Chairmanship.
Lead the company’s programs and efforts in the areas of accounting, financial planning and analysis, and financial aspects of corporate strategy and strategic negotiations.
- Oversee the timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, financial statement and cash flow projections.
- Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Issue regular status and ad hoc report to senior management.
- Set controls, measures and reports for all purchasing and sales activities to ensure best practices and procedures.
- Create strong partnerships across the organization to drive sound financial decisions in support of capital investments, product valuations, supply chain execution/cost of goods sold and sales performance/profitability.
- Create financial and valuation business models to assist the organization in making strategic decisions around products, partnerships, and investments based on deep and insightful financial analyses.
- Oversee and monitor the banking activities of the organization.
- Oversee the development of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure adequate cash management to meet the organization’s needs
- Build and develop the account and finance teams as the company grows
- Ensure accounting systems are proficient and able to scale with the growth of the business
- Perform competitive analysis on industry peers and report trends and results to the leadership team.
- The direct connection between business development and finance. Partnering together on planning, modeling, and analysis of future business projects.
- 15 plus years of accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. MBA / CPA preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability achieves goals successfully in a fast-paced environment and fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with commodity IT systems preferred.
- Leadership experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation and execution across multiple internal and external reporting and organization lines.
Base, short term and long term bonus potential