Our client is growing and adding another Staff Accountant to their team. This company is very entreprenurial in spirt and has a very laid back atmosphere. This particular division has doubled in size in the past year alone! We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, a go-getter and someone with great attention to detail. Real estate or construction experience would be a huge plus, but it is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable
- Journal entry and account reconciliation
- Closing processes in preparation for financial reporting
- Tracking construction draw costs
- Assist the Controller with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Minimum GPA 3.0 in all accounting coursework
- Understanding of debits/credits, T accounts, and normal account balances
- Awareness of the relationship between the balance sheet and income statement
- Advanced Excel skills, including VLOOKUP function
- Strong overall technological proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers and handling sensitive, confidential information.