Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant who would love to move into a Controller role in 3 to 5 years due to retirement! The company is located in the Memorial Mall City area and will be moving to the IAH area in 2020.
Why work for this company?
- Family oriented work culture
- Growth opportunity to move into an assistant controller role
- Flexible work schedule
• To help provide complete and accurate financial information to satisfy the needs of management, owners, lenders, and regulatory agencies.
• Assist controller with outside auditors as needed.
• Prepare and enter monthly and yearly journal entries.
• Prepare general ledgers for monthly, quarterly and year-end close reporting.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliation’s.
• Prepare US Government census reports for quarterly and annual reporting.
• Prepare US GAAP & HFM monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Prepare US GAAP consolidated financial workpapers and financial statements.
• Maintain plant, property and equipment detailed sub-ledgers using Sage FAS software.
• Develop and maintain EXCEL files related to financial accounting and reporting.
• Maintain and update when necessary written procedures of assigned task.
• Responsible for determining priorities among the various tasks assigned and meeting deadlines.
• Assist in various treasury and online banking tasks.
- Accounting degree
- 3-5 years of experience in GL
- Experience with preparing GAAP financial statements, consolidated reporting, account analysis, audit schedules, accounting systems and analytical projects.
Interested and Qualified candidates please send your resume to email@example.com