We are looking for a one to two year Staff Accountant who would love to learn Cost Accounting!!!! Our client is looking for someone with a degree in Accounting or Finance and 1 to 2 years of GL experience. They are located in Sugar Land and ready to interview this week.
• Coordinate product line cost analysis for new products, or products that have not been manufactured recently, monitoring drivers deemed important to meeting profit objectives.
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
• Reconcile shipments at the standard cost to cost of goods sold/manufactured.
• Reconciles finished, WIP and raw goods inventories on a monthly basis. Report changes to the components and quantities that makeup inventory on a monthly basis.
• Assisting in Month end close of General Ledger specifically to cost, manufacturing, and inventory