Global Operations Controller
Our client, a publicly traded oil & gas company, with revenue in excess of 1 Billion, is located in the Woodlands, Texas. They are currently hiring a Global Controller for their largest segment. This Global Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, consolidations, budgeting, planning and leadership of the global finance team (team of approximately 12). This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate accounting & finance and report directly to the CFO / Segment President.
With general autonomy, ensure all financial initiatives are met, including responsibility for the entire global segment accounting process , reports and analyzes cost/performance and oversees contractual matters in assigned in profit center area. Responsible for closing cycles and operating rhythms, reporting, annual budget preparation, controllership fundamentals, and coordinating finance-related activities across functions.
- Assume full responsibility of the accounting function in support of business operations within the Segment.
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing, and reporting processes.
- Meets with and collaborates with business unit leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our business. Works with the finance and accounting leads to insure controls are in place and improve cost tracking and budgeting tools.
- Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Partner with business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy, and utilization.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of all general ledger accounts.
- Manage Quarterly and Annual audit process.
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Provides Cash Management planning and reporting to the business unit including Billing, Collections, DSO’s, and Contract Assets and Liabilities.
- Four year college or university degree in Accounting
- CPA or similar certification
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Up to 30% travel
- Ten plus years of progressive leadership experience.
- Experience with reporting under US GAAP for US Parent Company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence, and collaborate at the leadership level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP system capabilities, preferably Oracle / Hyperion