Our client is adding a Cost Accounting Manager to their team. The company is publicly traded and services segments of the oil & gas industry. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate finance and report directly to the CAO.
Why work for this company:
• Over 100 locations worldwide. Focus on expanding international operations.
• A stable company with a long stand reputation in their industry. They have been in business for over 40 years.
• An entrepreneurial company, with a strong management team and expansive international growth plans.
• Direct line to executive leadership! Their management team values the input of its employees.
• Ability to make an impact on the bottom line.
• CFS has successfully placed several professionals with them for over 10 years!
• The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization’s cost accounting function within the manufacturing and distribution facility.
• Prepares and presents recommendations for reducing costs, and provides cost-related data in support of business decisions or for use in financial reporting.
• Provide accurate and timely costing accounting information, preparing and presenting product margin, manufacturing performance analyses, and labor analysis while ensuring inventory data integrity and driving inventory management performance.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure in order to pull information from the financial reporting system.
• Support budgeting and forecasting activities
• Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures
• Maintains the organization’s cost accounting systems and ensures that expenditures are appropriately classified in order to accurately calculate product/product line, project, or departmental costs
• Performs the “month end close” of the Inventory Ledger within the ERP
• Makes sure all the shipped goods are completely recorded and all the sales transactions.
• Monitors sales pricing and sales discount and bring management attention to the reduction of gross profit.
• Analyzes cost variances and presents findings to leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in cost accounting role within a manufacturing environment
• Travel requirement: 0% – 25%
|Diane Delgado LeMaire
Senior Managing Branch Director | Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
5718 Westheimer Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057
T: 713-490-6003 Text: 713-594-4486 |