CFS has teamed up with a non-for-profit who focuses on the conservation of marine resources. They are a company who provides a family-oriented work environment and the chance to partake in the implementation of processes and procedures within the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general bookkeeping functions for National office and various state chapters, as assigned.
- Assists with month-end close and year-end close financial activities.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Substantiates financial transactions with supporting documentation.
- Performs with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Helps provide detailed inventory schedule and reconciliation.
- Records income and expenses for certain state chapters and National office for events including the chart of accounts coding and journal entries, bank statement reconciliations and other organizational activity related to the general ledger.
- Processes credit card payments from banquet auctions and sales.
- Responsible for most phases of accounts receivable.
- Makes and prepares bank deposits.
- Ensures accurate documentation and compliance with policies, processes, and internal controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge & experience with accounting software and administration
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience and knowledge of Sage, preferred
- Experience working with a non-profit and/or small business preferred