About the Role:
The Staff Accountant provides immediate oversight for accounts payable, property accounts receivable, and secondary support for the property accounting software. The Staff Accountant assists with month-end closings, regular account reconciliations, and financial statement reporting and preparation. The Staff Accountant also plays an integral part in the Consolidated and audit processes, annual budgeting, and loan processing.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment by the Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Processes all construction draws.
- Records all contribution receivables, and performs monthly reconciliation between accounting software and fund development software.
- Assists in monthly closings and financial statement preparation.
- Posts Property Management bank deposits in Property Management software, and records all resident rent receipts.
- Prepares routine monthly journal entries.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations as required.
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly.
- Prepares mileage/expense reconciliations.
- Maintains CIP documentation and reconciliation.
- Prepares annual 1099 filings.
- Prepares invoicing for collaborative partners.
- Assists Corporate Finance and Property Management, as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant accounting experience.
- High proficiency level with computer functions, financial database management reporting systems, accounts receivables, accounts payable and Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail in written reports and financial documents.
- Experience with a real estate management and development company is valued.