The position will report to the Vice President of Tax and is responsible for performing tax research and analysis, managing compliance and project deadlines, developing Senior Tax Analyst and Tax Analyst positions and communicating with the VP of Tax as well as other functions throughout the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA required
- Advanced degree in taxation preferred
- 7+ years of related experience in industry and/or public accounting
- Strong tax technical expertise in U.S. federal and state income tax concepts
- Experience with U.S. partnership taxation. Exposure to unique tax aspects of publicly traded partnerships is a plus
- Exposure to ASC 740 concepts
- Strong organizational, team-building and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with tax software. OneSource experience a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, set priorities, and perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Creative problem-solving skills and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to resolve increasingly complex problems
- Ability to adjust work schedule to accommodate unexpected changes
- Some travel may be required
- Federal and state income tax compliance coordination and review
- Manage/review quarterly and annual income tax calculations and work papers for purposes of the tax provision calculations, certain tax allocations, disclosures for SEC filings, etc.
- Manage special projects and tax savings initiatives
- Ensure tax processes comply with SOX 404 requirements.
- Remain current with tax laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which the company operates and communicate changes and developments
- Comply with federal, state, and SEC requirements and advise management on necessary actions
- Prepare internal memoranda, as well as written correspondence submitted to outside parties, including the IRS and state tax authorities
- Research complex tax issues, and analyze the impact of new tax laws, regulations and rulings
- Ensure accuracy of tax returns and work to maximize tax opportunities
- Review business operational activities and accounting records, identify income tax issues from such reviews, research applicable tax law, document and communicate technical conclusions.
- Manage various requests from financial auditors in the quarterly or annual review processes.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Company at its discretion from time to time.
- Regular communication and collaboration with all members of the tax department, finance and accounting and operations as appropriate