Our client is publicly traded, located in the Woodlands and hiring a Corporate Development Manager. This is a newly created position and department. We are looking for someone who would love the opportunity to start something from scratch!
Job Summary: Responsible for financial modeling, research, and presentation support for corporate development, investor relations, treasury, and other initiatives.
- Complies with all quality, safety, health, and environmental requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to the position.
- Corporate development:
- Drives key activities to analyze acquisition opportunities, including reviewing potential targets, developing financial models, producing valuation analyses (accretion/dilution, DCF), and coordinating due diligence.
- Creates management and board presentations to present acquisition opportunities to key decision makers.
- Investor relations:
- Creates and updates investor relations materials including presentations, analyst estimate summaries, benchmarking analyses, and shareholder reports.
- Supports the quarterly earnings release and conference call process.
- Assists with coordination of investor conference and non-deal roadshow attendance.
- Capital Markets:
- Analyzes and prepares presentations for various treasury needs including presentations to rating agencies, bond investors, and Apergy’s bank group.
- Creates and maintains financial statement forecast model of Apergy.
- Supports FP&A and Tax functions as needed.
Education, Training, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or a similar field. MBA preferred. CFA or CPA designation a plus.
- 4-7 years of corporate finance, investment banking, corporate development, or private equity experience.
- Highly advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with Bloomberg a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid financial modeling skills with experience in developing and reviewing financial and valuation models.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates in all disciplines and levels as well as comfortable with communication to external parties including investment bankers, lawyers, and research analysts.
- Proven ability to work effectively and build consensus in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence.