Our client, located in The Galleria, is in the O&G industry with portfolio companies throughout the US, Latin America, and Africa. They are adding a Corporate Accounting Manager to their team.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Audit Committee, Investor Relations, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Tax, Operations, Commercial and Legal teams. Your direct supervisor will be the Controller. Externally, you’ll have to build strong working relationships with third-party accountants, financial services providers, and investors.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the oversight of all workstreams related to the accounting, financial reporting and internal control functions of at least one portfolio company and the oversight of the local accounting team(s). You’re responsible for everything related to the corporate level accounting, financial reporting, and internal control functions.
- Supporting the management of monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process and all associated deliverables
- Collaborating with the financial planning and analysis team to ensure all reporting is of high quality and in compliance with IFRS, GAAP, TSX, and SEC regulations.
- Playing a major part in the and establishment/maintenance of financial accounting and reporting policies for all the portfolio companies
- Assisting with the ERP implementation (SAP) and ensuring all activity is compliant with internal control requirements.
- Support the maintenance of systems and controls to ensure that all financial activity is in compliance with applicable internal control requirements and accounting policies and procedures.
- Supporting tax planning strategies to ensure timely and accurate tax return filings
To be considered a “Qualified Candidate” for this role you should have:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- MBA (preferred)
- CPA (REQUIRED)
- Big 4 experience (preferred)
- At least 5 years working within and leading multinational corporate FP&A teams. Ideally, this experience will come working in publicly traded companies
- Excellent financial management skills; strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
This role offers a great compensation package:
Base salary, cash + equity bonus potential