Our client, a new publicly traded company, is looking for a hands-on Senior Tax Manager to join their team. The Manager is responsible for the company’s US income tax reporting and compliance. The primary responsibilities will include tax provision (40%), tax compliance (30%) and planning & research (30%). This is a great opportunity to join a brand new Tax team!
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has a positive, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Direct preparation, management, review, and consolidation of ASC 740/FIN 18 income tax provisions, including SEC reporting and coordination with all business reporting teams.
- Establish and maintain processes designed to identify, assess, and calculate uncertain tax position (FIN 48) calculations.
- Direct calculation of the consolidated effective tax rate, draft SEC reporting disclosures and perform or supervise detailed review of supporting calculations and work papers.
- Manage relationship with financial statement auditor.
- Monitor and implement regulatory changes to GAAP income tax reporting.
- Organize and perform training sessions to ensure tax compliance.
- Oversee tax financial reporting controls, ensuring performance and documentation of internal controls.
- Generate and lead the implementation of ideas for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ensure development and execution of annual tax compliance project plan.
- Direct preparation of the consolidated federal, state and foreign income tax returns.
- Direct resolution of federal tax notices; manage information responses to federal tax audits, including drafting and initial review of all document requests.
- Generate and lead process improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide support to business lines for indirect taxation.
Planning and Research
- Direct the review and research of the income tax treatment of Company transactions.
- Manage tax due diligence processes.
- Generate and implement ideas to generate cash tax savings and effective income tax rate benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required;
- CPA preferred
Minimum of 5 years in tax experience in a corporate or public accounting.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Senior Managing Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager |
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) 5718 Westheimer Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057
T: 713.490.6003 | M: 713-594-4486