• Assess financial reporting risks and perform necessary ‘internal audit’ testing-process walkthrough, sampling, performance of audit test and documentation.
• Identify reportable issues and provide recommendations to management.
• Train Staff Analyst on policies and procedures related to all relevant tasks
• Understand various financial reporting processes and constantly looking for ways to improve the process to reduce time spent
• Work well with outside parties such as external auditors
• Work directly with various groups within and outside finance team
• Strong understanding of GAAP and ASC, as well as single audits
• Write accounting white papers concerning new accounting policies
• Deep belief in the mission and values of nonprofit
• Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Accounting
• Auditing background required – Big 4, Mid Market or other
• Prior audit experience of federal grants
• CPA is strongly preferred
• Exceptional analytic, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong planning, organization, and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a variety of tasks.
• Results-oriented, hands-on team player who is dedicated to getting the job done