The Accountant is a full-time position with primary duties including general ledger and investment accounting for a very large nonprofit.
General Ledger Accounting
- Maintain financial records for Foundation
- Post recurring and adjusting general ledger entries for monthly and year-end closing
- Reconcile accounts and post adjusting entries for all entities including inter-fund accounts
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements for the entities for Controller’s review
- Create and maintain financial reports as required
- Develop and maintain various spreadsheets for amortization of prepaid expenses, depreciation, grants payable, etc.
- Reconcile miscellaneous asset, liability, and other specific accounts monthly and as needed
- Reconcile inter-fund accounts for all entities and post adjusting entries as needed
- Assist with preparation of certain annual audit schedules and confirmations
- Assist Controller in coordinating accounts receivable and HR department’s operations to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Support certain treasury functions, including ACH payments processing, positive paying checks.
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field
- Multi-location or nonprofit accounting preferred