Looking for an experienced Production Manager, who loves to mentor, train and work on process improvement projects. Must be able to lead a team of 6 and interact at all levels of the company.
• Lead and direct all aspects of oil and gas production accounting.
• Supervises, monitors and reviews production analysts’ work product and procedures to ensure accuracy, timeliness and validity, including accurate and timely reporting to federal and state agencies.
• Supervises and monitors in-house production related issues to ensure prompt attention and resolution.
• Coordinates work with regulatory and operations personnel on regulatory and production compliance.
• Supervises all third party oil, gas, and saltwater measurement issues and their associated reports.
• Provide guidance and assist production analysts with any unresolved discrepancies identified in their reviews of variance and audit reports as part of production accounting’s quality control procedures.
• Provide guidance and assist production analysts with more complex set-up of facilities, wells, routes, etc. in the production accounting system.
• Coordinates all production department acquisition (including property set-up for the production accounting system) and divesture related activities.
• Works with external third parties to resolve discrepancies and/or incorrect data with respect to well production and other data.
• Provides guidance and investigates escalated allocation and reporting issues.
• Provides project leadership and coordination for system improvement, implementation and integration projects (including production data capture).
Partners with field to insure proper data and controls are in place to accurately account for oil, gas or other products.
• Works closely with intra-company department leaders to add and improve value-add processes and streamline existing systems and dataflow.
• Ensure timely and accurate input of sales volumes and allocations for the purpose of meeting the deadlines of tax reporting, state, federal, and Indian royalty reporting, and for timely revenue accrual volumes.
• Assist with volume interfaces between the production system and the revenue accounting system as well as revenue related reporting needs.
• Troubleshoots complex allocation network and setup (buy-back, injection, flash, drip, recirculate)
• Recruits, directs, coaches, evaluates (Includes preparing annual performance reviews and establishing individual annual goals for direct reports), corrects and mentors staff to ensure appropriate organizational development, succession planning and performance management within the Production Accounting team.
• Ensures that staff are well trained and developed by their participation in applicable educational programs (third-party and in-house developed) and internal mentoring programs along with job duty cross-training and serving as back-up during employee absences.
• Establish and maintain written policies and procedures (including desk procedures), as well as monitoring for compliance, and recommend and implement improvements to efficiently and effectively address evolving business needs while maintaining or improving internal controls.
• Establishes and implements overall annual Production Accounting team goals and objectives.