The primary focus of this position is to assist the tax department with the preparation and review of the tax provision calculations. Other duties will include providing support for the corporate tax returns, federal filings, federal and state audit support, and managing fixed assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide support regarding the consolidated financial statement impact and tax accounting by;
- Preparing quarterly and year-end provision calculations.
- Preparing estimated payment calculations including both federal and state.
- Providing/reviewing support for process improvements and other special projects.
Provide tax compliance support for the U.S. federal, states and foreign tax returns by;
- Preparing Federal form 1120 and related filing (including forms 5471, 8858, 1065 and 1118)
- Preparing various state returns.
- Analyzing the tax code, regulations, and law, review of accounts and documentation, as well as computation of tax liabilities, interest, and penalties.
- Coordinating various tax audits with the IRS.
Provide support regarding fixed assets by;
- Working closely with accounting to synchronize tax depreciation calculations and reports.
- Preparing monthly updates to the tax fixed asset system.
- Preparing monthly book/tax fixed asset reconciliation.
Supervising corporate tax associate.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or industry
- CPA certification is preferred but not essential
- Excellent organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with OneSource & BNA Fixed Assets is preferred