The Corporate Communications Manager is a critical role which will work closely with the Leadership Team.
- Lead the development of company’s strategic communications plan and manage corporate communications, including internal, external and executive communications and public/media relations, to support company’s Enterprise Strategy This individual will have specific accountability for: Press releases, Investor Day Presentation/Materials, Website Integrity and Board of Director Meeting communications consistency.
- Work in close collaboration with a broad range of internal partners including Human Resources, Investor Relations, Community Relations, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and the Executive Leadership
- Manage enterprise-wide internal communications through all channels, including quarterly updates to employees, the internal website, and the annual leadership
- Partner with Investor Relations to support investor/financial media relations (i.e., press releases, scripts, slides) and investor meetings/events, as well as assisting in the preparation of the annual report (look/feel/messaging) and other associated investor communications. Convert to internal messages as needed.
- Develop a proactive, thoughtful approach to media and public relations consistent with positioning as a “Best in Class” company and aligned with its company’s culture and values so that company is favorably positioned within business and financial
- Manage, with support of internal content owners, the external company website, including its lead the development and execution of a social media strategy (for all audiences).
- Serve as trusted communications advisor to the CEO and other company executives. Prepare speeches and talking points as needed for external communication.
- Manage external communication resources and external public relations
- Manage Community Impact program communications (internally and externally).
- Work in collaboration with the Legal Department and others to prepare certain reports, quarterly, annually.
- Lead development and implementation of crisis response communication, if/as needed, from messaging through communication response and media coverage/management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of corporate communications experience within multi-national public companies.
- Demonstrated skills in translating business strategies to comprehensive external and internal communication strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in the command of superior English language skills to construct, edit and enhance communications materials from/to various internal and external sources
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders, anticipate impact of company actions on corporate reputation, and translate complex issues into clear, simple and consistent messages and Act as advisor on company reputation, values and culture.
- Direct experience addressing and persuading multiple stakeholders through various media, positioning messages according to the distinct needs of each constituency and ensure messages are accurate, polished and of a quality and tone consistent with the company’s leadership and culture. Effectively leverage social media.
- Experience building and leading internal communications and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal partners in a large, geographically dispersed
- Proven ability to significantly influence internal and external stakeholders using a thoughtful communication plan to align people or
- Functional communication skills in key areas such as public relations, speech writing, and community
- Brand management, channel management and crisis communication management