Title: VP Controller
Reports To: CFO
- Owns all of the accounting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, taxes, treasury services, and consolidation
- Ensures financial functions are compliant with GAAP, the SEC, and other regulatory and advisory organizations
- Maintains appropriate internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Requires an in-depth understanding of both US and International accounting principles
- Oversees risk, internal controls and the preparation of monthly financial information on a timely basis
- Develops, implements and upgrades financial systems and controls as necessary
- Ensures appropriate resources and staffing are available for department
- Interfaces with IT, Investor Relations, Operations, HR and other departments within organization
- Represents the accounting function in acquisition analysis and integration
- Applies knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting
- Minimum of 20 years of broad-based accounting and financial experience.
- CPA required.
- Manufacturing industry experience is required.
- Deep knowledge and experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Big 4 audit experience a must
- History of developing and implementing accounting policies, procedures, controls and financial reporting requirements
- Experience working in a publicly traded company. IPO experience a must.
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her point of view.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all teams, departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate it into specific plans and actions that achieve desired results.
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to hold self and team accountable for actions and results.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
- Ability to recognize and implement opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.