Our client is a leading manufacturer who has been in business for over 45 years. They are a global producer of composites, textiles and other fabrication materials. They have locations in the US, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa. They are located near the Intercontinental airport on the North side of Houston.
They are seeking a Cost Accountant with 2-5 years of standard cost experience in an inventory setting.
Why work here?
- Discretionary Bonus
- International Exposure
- Educational Assistance
- Great Benefits (401K vests immediately)
- 2-5 years of standard cost accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- MS Office experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare journal entries, schedules and reports
- Maintain G/L accounts associated with inventory and reconcile inventory sub-systems for multiple plants to general ledger
- Perform inventory reserve analysis and prepare journal entries
- Perform overhead allocation journal entries and analysis
- Prepare freight revenue and expense accruals and related journal entries
- Prepare PPV/Revaluation bleed journal entries and account reconciliations
- Work with operations to ensure production orders are closed timely and accurately
- Maintain standard cost system of manufactured products
- Thorough understanding of company’s standard costing system
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing variances and related activities
- Develop metrics and analyze operating expenses to ensure proper classification
- Perform flux analysis for gross profit accounts
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and annual budget.
- Assist in periodic physical inventories at multiple locations
- Prepare and maintain documentations for policies, processes and procedures