The Regional Plant Controller supervises plant controllers at four facilities located in Mexico (Reynosa, Matamoros and Valle Hermoso) and is responsible for their overall financial, accounting and analysis output to the Vice President of Manufacturing and the Vice President of Finance. Annual combined sales of the locations are between $150m and $200ml Sales, as well as Business Unit management. The position can be based from their home, but will require travel to Reynosa, Matamoros, and Valle Hermoso (Mexico) 3-4 times per week.
- Serve as the primary contact for the VP of Finance and the VP of Manufacturing concerning all financial matters of the plants.
- Support plant management in understanding their financial results and how to impact future results.
- Develop the combined annual budget for the plants working with the plant controllers.
- Create combined monthly forecast for the plants of expected results for the month and/or quarter.
- Develop and manage the capital requisition and acquisition process.
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, prior year, & forecast, and other matters bearing on the financial and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Provide the VP of Finance and VP of Manufacturing with ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Review and understand the month end results along with communicating to the accounting team possible areas of concern and required journal entries.
- Produce and explain Daily/Weekly/Monthly reporting to plant and Business Unit management.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the position and the team of Controllers.
- Train/mentor and develop the current plant controllers to help their career progression as well as establishing a strong bench for their own position.
- Hire/Build staff of plant controllers at each location.
- Own the oversight and enforcement of all accounting policies and procedures at the locations and ensure compliance with the highest levels of fiscal integrity.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience, Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in manufacturing finance and accounting roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the capacity to oversee the timely completion of multiple, complex tasks concurrently.
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills desired.
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office and PC skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment will be critical.
- Familiar with maquiladoras and relevant accounting and legal laws around their processes and existence.
- Knowledge of Mexican accounting rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and upper management.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally as well as through multiple forms of media in English and Spanish