Our client, based in the Austin, TX, a fast growing insurance organization with a unique platform seeks an Accounting Manager for their growing team. If you are working in a Houston area insurance organization looking to relocate – Austin is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. About 50 people per day relocate to Austin and it was ranked by US News as the # 1 Best places to live.
The Accounting Manager will assist Senior Management with various financial activities including the preparation of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules for two entities in accordance with GAAP, monthly budget versus actual analyses and other analyses and work product as required.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of the Accounting Department personnel overseeing day to day processes
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Assist in providing data and schedules for the Company’s financial audits with external accounting firms.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Review company financial statements for accuracy.
- Perform budget versus actual analysis on a monthly basis.
- Monitors delinquent A/R.
- Adhere to controls set forth for all SOX compliance.
- Assist in ensuring corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department to ensure the accurate and timely in such things as interviewing, hiring and training accounting employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications of the Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and 5-7 years’ experience
- Experience in the insurance industry highly preferred.
- Strong management experience, leadership and directing skills.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
80 to 90K plus bonus