The Sr. Tax Accountant prepares and analyzes income tax return data, including transactional and property tax and the tax fixed assets for Company along with other special projects in the tax department.
• Two to four year experience in federal income and/or state
income and transactional tax compliance and audits is preferred. But we will consider an entry level candidate or recent graduate.
• Experience in public accounting is desirable, but not required
• Experience in the offshore drilling industry or with an oil-related service company is preferred but not required.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Compiles and prepares tax return data for federal and state tax returns, ensuring that tax filings comply with federal and state requirements.
• Gathering information necessary to prepare returns.
• Preparation of sales and use returns.
• Update and maintain the tax fixed asset database.
• Calculation of the tax gains/losses.
• Create workpapers to support and document projects.
• Assists with tax audits and examinations.
• Researches and analyze simple tax issues.
• Assist with tax planning scenarios.
• Prepares responses to federal and state tax notices.
Minimum Requirements for this position
• Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
• Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
• Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (use of financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks).
• Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
• Attention to detail and promptness a must
• Ability to communicate effectively.