The Senior Accountant – Corporate Accounting will work with the Senior Manager – Corporate Accounting to ensure corporate business transactions are properly recorded in the Company’s financial statements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist management with budget development, forecast updates and perform cost monitoring activities by tightly working with Corporate department heads.
• Perform variance reviews of G&A and operations support costs, researching variance root causes, and determining action plans to improve financial statement or outlook accuracy.
• Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
• Perform & review account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records.
• Lead the process of recording income tax-related journal entries and reconciling tax accounts. Work closely with the Tax Department to resolve issues.
• Lead the process of recording cash flow and balance sheet hedge entries and reconciling of related accounts. Work closely with the Treasury Department to resolve issues and in understanding issued financial instruments.
• Lead the process of recording debt-related journal entries and reconciling of related accounts. Work closely with the Treasury Department to resolve issues and in understanding changes in debt structure.
• Design and ensure effective operation of company internal controls;
• Perform special projects as assigned by management, including process monitoring and close process improvement initiatives; Identify process improvement inefficiencies and suggest potential solutions.
• Respond to audit requests for support documentation.
• Respond to various requests for ad hoc financial information.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from accredited college or university (in Accounting or Finance) required.
• Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience, preferably a mix of public accounting and industry
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
• Masters Business Administration or similar advanced degree
• Strong understanding of PeopleSoft ERP
• Working knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Essbase