Plant Cost Accountant:
· Maintain standard cost system for manufactured products.
· Monitor and complete the manufacturing work order process into inventory.
· Review, correct, and reconcile general ledger accounts.
· Prepare and analyze monthly gross profit reports.
· Maintain G/L accounts associated with inventory and keep in balance with inventory subsystems for multiple plants.
· Understand and maintain variance reserves and expenses including purchase price variance, standard revaluation, usage variances and overhead variances.
· Coordinate the movement of the general ledger data through the system.
· Prepare journal entries, schedules and reports for the monthly financial reporting.
· Prepare weekly “pulse” reports related to shipments and inventory.
· Analyze raw material purchases and verify correct invoicing for raw materials.
· Calculate elimination entries in inter-Company inventory dollars and pounds.
· Complete manufacturing transactions for all facilities.
· Audit and assist in periodic physical inventories at multiple locations.
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Five (5) years cost accounting experience.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Manufacturing and standard cost accounting experience.