The Senior Financial Analyst/Manager (FP&A) will have an active role in supporting the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis with managing the internal management reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and ad hoc analytical projects.
Execute the company’s financial/strategic planning function with an emphasis on performance improvement, providing quality management information, and furthering the development of systems, processes, and metrics. This includes:
o Manage the coordination of the annual strategic planning and budget process
o Manage/Update the Budget and Forecast model
o Monitor expense trends against the set budget and recommend improvements
Assist in performing the company’s financial analysis function with an emphasis on performance improvement and providing relevant and timely analysis. This includes:
o Identify franchisee trends to optimize resource allocation.
o Assist with data collection and perform research and analysis for all departments to include: exceptions reporting, expense analysis, financial modeling, risk exposure simulation & modeling, regression analysis, time series analysis and forecasting, vendor spend forecasting
o Performing economic and industry analyses to identify and recommend response strategies to trends impacting the business.
o Become a SQL Services Analysis, PowerPivot, and BI power user
o Provide support to Director of FP&A for adhoc analysis requests
Execute the company’s financial reporting function to effectively monitor and evaluate the company’s overall performance with respect to finances, value creation and progress in meeting strategic objectives. This includes:
o Manage the preparation of the Company’s monthly financial reporting package for Senior Management; Be able to research and explain significant variances
o Manage the preparation of monthly Senior Leadership presentations
Provide support to other key initiatives such as:
o Assisting the Director of FP&A in analyzing new business initiatives, new business models, etc.
The Senior Financial Analyst/Manager FP&A position reports directly to the Director of FP&A. This is a strategic independent contributor, hands-on role with significant interaction with the various businesses in the Company
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and summarize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework, on a regular basis.
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with extreme attention to detail, accuracy and accountability balanced with sound business judgment.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills; Excel & PowerPoint power user.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Big 4 (or equivalent) Advisory/Transactions Svcs and F500 FP&A experience preferred
- 4 – 6 years of work experience preferred
- CPA preferred