Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze Company operating results and develop revenue/expense variance reports and presentations for internal and external reporting.
• Liaise with business unit management to provide accounting support and management information analysis and recommendations.
• Participate in the month-end close process and support monthly close activities, including calculate and process monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries and perform a detailed level review of the business unit operating results and statistics.
• Perform & review account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records.
• Perform special projects as assigned by management including design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities and suggesting potential solutions.
• Respond to internal and external auditor requests for support documentation.
• Support effective operation of company internal controls.
• Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
3 to 5 years of professional experience, preferably a mix of public accounting and industry
Master’s degree in Accounting or similar advanced degree
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
Strong understanding of PeopleSoft ERP
Working knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Essbase
Experience working with multi-currency ledgers and international locations.