10 Choices Today That Will Lead to A Successful Tomorrow
When life gives us an opportunity to choose, remember to make the choices that your future self would thank you for today.
Business decisions, options to weigh, leadership principles to stand by–in every case, you want to be able to look back and say “I chose well.”
Start today by making decisions and resolutions that not only serve you well in the short run but point you toward the future where you want to be.
1. Success will come and go, but integrity is forever. Aim to live in such a way that if someone spoke badly about you no one would believe it. Never make room for a thought or action that is not based on your personal values. Ground every decision, personal and professional, in what you believe.
2. Believe in yourself. When no one else believes in you–when they say you don’t have the experience to start a business, or the skills to be a boss, or the right disposition for leadership–do everything in your power to prove them wrong. Acknowledge your skills and your strengths and work hard at attaining what you want.
3. Be grateful for what you have presently. Sometimes we focus so much on what we don’t have that we fail to see and appreciate and use what we do have. There are many, many people who would love to have what you have right now. Be thankful for what you have and you’ll never need more; concentrate on what you don’t have and you will never ever have enough.
4. Live in the moment. When times get rough you can let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you. The choice is yours. Even the most successful people are likely to have have had many failures. They learn well from their mistakes so they can succeed gracefully in the future.
5. Let go of what holds you back and embrace what awaits you. There is a time to hold on and a time to let go. The most successful people let go of what was, accept what is, and have faith in what will be.
6. Control what you can daily. Don’t worry about the past or the future or what anybody else is doing. Concentrate on what you can control right now–and that’s mostly your own attitudes and actions.
7. Make time for what’s important presently. The best gift you can give yourself is to get your priorities straight. It’s not about if or when but how. Your priorities are in every action you take every day, so make sure you stay focused on what’s most important.
8. Learn from others today. Learn from as many people as you can. There are some who will change your whole world if you listen, and others who can help you fine-tune your knowledge and spirit. If you trust them, honor them by learning from them.
9. Choices today create our tomorrow. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, but what you choose to do from here. Successful people don’t look back except to learn and grow and make amends if needed. Once that’s done, focus on choosing what truly matters and pursuing it passionately.
10. Without further ado assess your values. Your value does not decrease based on someone else’s inability to see your worth. The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to walk away. Don’t undermine yourself by being around people who are negative, who don’t know your value, and who don’t understand what you have to offer. Never ever settle for anything less than what you deserve.
When your future self looks back, you want to be able to say “I was myself always; I believed in myself always. I did not waste time trying to be someone I am not. Instead, I embraced all that I had to offer and I am worthy of the success I have achieved.