Our client, a publicly traded company is looking for an Assistant Controller for their Accounting department.
The right candidate will assist in managing all aspects of the division’s historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting and financial projections, under the direction of the Division Controller/CFO. Acts as the conscience of the division which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking/decisions of the entire management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies.
- Must report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies. All reporting will be due at the times and in the format required by Corporate.
- Must fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating divisions, and utilize the system to its full capabilities.
- Is responsible for maintaining accurate budgets in the company’s computerized accounting systems, ensuring that all budgets reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times.
- Will support the division controller as requested in the preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by corporate management.
- The responsibility for all banking activities, as delegated by the division controller, rest with the assistant controller and must be executed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Directly supervises 1 or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position will move fast! If you or anyone you know is interested, please contact me directly: email@example.com