Contact me directly for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires broad experience in international tax matters, including quarterly accounting for income taxes (ASC-740), US tax compliance (including forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 5472, 1120-F, TDF 90-22.1, 5713 etc.), foreign corporate income tax, transfer pricing, tax audit management and defense, cash repatriation, and marketing support for new drilling contracts. Employees in this position will work directly with associates in company field offices and third party advisors on foreign income tax and transfer pricing matters.
Minimum of five years previous experience in a similar role
Experience with quarterly accounting for income taxes (ASC-740)
Experience with US international tax compliance
Experience with foreign corporate income tax
Experience with transfer pricing
Experience with audit defense
Experience with cash repatriation management
Experience with customer contracts
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Sound analytical, strategic and business planning skills.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to diplomatically handle confrontation.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal customers and external contacts to the organization.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
• Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
• Commitment to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Significant travel is not expected.
• Must perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and/or review quarterly tax accounting calculations for US Subpart F income and foreign country tax provisions.
• Prepare and/or review US tax compliance related to international transactions (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 5472, 1120-F, TDF 90-22.1, 5713 etc.) in Corptax.
• Review foreign subsidiary financial statements and corporate income tax returns prepared by third party advisors.
• Monitor transfer pricing for compliance with arm’s length standard, work with associates in the legal and accounting departments to properly document and record intercompany transactions.
• Work with third party advisors to provide data for the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, as required.
• Prepare and/or review responses, as necessary, to queries and documentation requests from tax authorities in connection with tax audits.
• Work with associates in the treasury department to repatriate cash in a tax efficient manner.
• Review customer contracts for tax issues and recommend tax structures for performing contracts in a tax efficient manner.
• Assist Director – Tax on other projects as needed.