Reporting to the Corporate Financial Reporting Lead, the Financial Analyst will have responsibilities for monthly corporate accounting and internal reporting activities as well as periodic external reporting.
- Ensure adequate reporting controls to maintain accuracy and integrity of financial results.
- Prepare / verify consolidated financial statements and related notes.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and other applicable authoritative literature.
SEC / Periodic Filings
- Prepare / verify SEC filing content and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
Technical Accounting Research
- Perform technical research and provide implementation advice.
- Provide consultation and assistance to solve accounting-related issues.
- Active participation in quarterly and annual audits with Big 4 Audit Firm.
- Assist with other accounting and corporate finance special projects as needed.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Prepare / verify complex accounting entries such as domestic and international DD&A, commodity derivative activities and stock-based compensation, as well as perform ceiling test calculations and year-end oil and gas disclosures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting.
- Prefer total of 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience with consolidated financial statements and SEC reports.
- CPA or industry experience in Oil and Gas a plus, but not required.
- Honest, sincere, unquestionable integrity, credibility and moral character.
- Ambitious and highly motivated professional with excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and adaptability.
- Hands on team player with ability to effectively interact and communicate with staff, peers and management.
- Quick learner, strong analytical and reasoning skills with great attention to details.
- Multi-tasker who can meet tight deadlines and solve problems in time-sensitive environment.
- Exceptional people skills.