Our client is looking to hire a Sales & Use Tax Manager to supervise a team of 5. Email me at email@example.com for more details.
- Aggressive, timely and responsive audit defense of companies sales and use tax positions. Manage statute of limitations. Recommend and advise whether to pay without protest, protest or settle audits.
- Manage the preparation and accuracy of monthly account reconciliations to ensure that balances are consistent with returns filed/payments made and resolve any special issues.
- Preparing or reviewing annual reports and business /city license registrations.
- Ensure sales tax rates are updated as per state requirements within Taxware and third party tax service providers.
- Manage customer sales tax exemption certificates.
- Monitor tax disputes and their resolution in a timely manner.
- Manage a team of 5 sales and use tax professionals.
- Preparation of tax information as needed for third parties.
- Oversee storage and electronic maintenance of tax returns and related tax supporting documentation.
- Act as a tax department liaison and advocate on tax issues impacting the company.
- Effectively manage relationships with third party tax service providers.
- Manage property tax reporting and compliance.