Position Description: International Accounting Controller
Basic Function: Managerial accounting with reporting knowledge and manufacturing job cost accounting experience. The position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing of projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The international controller must also help to construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to upper management.
1. Collaborate to construct data accumulation systems for a global cost accounting system
2. Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
1. Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
2. Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
3. Update standard costs in the bill of materials
4. Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
5. Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
6. Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
7. Review manufacturing processes to determine any areas of potential loss.
1. Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
2. Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, customers and locations
3. Report on margins by product and markets
4. Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
5. Analyze budgeting requests
6. Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
7. New project financial analysis in both financial and time aspects
5+ years of managerial accounting/finance experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
BA/BS degree, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.