Newly acquired company looking to double in size within first two years. Set up the Accounting department and grow into the CFO role!
Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
• Maintain the chart of accounts.
• Ensure that AP/AR activities are effective at paying/collecting payments.
• Ensure periodic Bank Reconciliations are completed.
• Issue timely and accurate preparation of monthly reporting packages to Corporate.
• Develop, calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Manage and production of the annual budgets and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and investigate/report large variances.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Comply with local, state, federal, and international governmental reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Manages and develops accounting staff to achieve departmental goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.