Prepare and administer weekly accounts payable. Prepare cash deposits and program billings. Provide functional support for the Finance department. Assist with fiscal and programmatic audits.
1. Enter and process weekly accounts payable within specified time frames, meeting all AP deadlines.
2. Review all cash disbursement requests, verifying accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation and approvals.
3. Receive and distribute agency invoices to appropriate departments. Prepare cash disbursement requests for recurring and administrative expenses.
4. Maintain complete and organized accounts payable files for all vendors, including W9 forms as appropriate.
5. Research and resolve outstanding AP checks on a monthly basis.
6. Train new employees on the process and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
7. Prepare ad hoc expense reports as requested by management.
8. Ensure accuracy and timely mailing of 1099s and Form 1096.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Accounting:
9. Prepare and deposit cash receipts on a regular basis.
10. Prepare general journal entries and assist with program billings as assigned.
11. Process credit card transactions and follow up with donors on declined or expired cards.
12. Protect and distribute Finance petty cash, agency credit cards, and program vouchers.
13. Help ensure the timely month end closing of the general ledger.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. At least two years of accounts payable and one year of accounting experience required (experience may be concurrent).
3. Experience using accounting software required; experience in Abila/Sage MIP Fund Accounting strongly preferred.
4. Nonprofit/social services experience strongly preferred.