Our growing manufacturing / distribution client in the oil & gas industry with approximately 40M in sales is looking for a Controller for their accounting department.
The Manufacturing Controller will be responsible for working across functions to establish accounting standards. In addition, the Manufacturing Controller will be responsible for full P&L responsibilities and the monthly financial package.
• Analysis and understand manufacturing location P&L swings. Including expense, absorption, variances, sale, and cost of sales.
• Driving/leading plant cost roll and understanding the impact of manufacturing plant cost roll on product cost. Working with team to load appropriate data and establishing overhead rates in order to roll cost at least annually.
• Support process improvements to improve efficiency and accuracy of group and the facilities you support.
The Manufacturing Controller qualifications include:
• Degreed accountant (CPA/MBA/Public accounting experience a plus)
• 5 to 7 years of experience with 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience preferably in the manufacturing industry with exposure to/through understanding of cost accounting and variance analysis
• Basic understanding of cost variances
• QuickBooks Enterprise solutions software experience a plus
• Advanced Excel skills a plus