Growing company located in Katy is looking to add an Accountant to their team.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. CPA a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Analytical Skills
• Communications – effective listening, speaking and writing
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; especially Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Used to working in a team structure
• Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
• Knowledge of SOX, a plus
SOME DUTIES: • Timely completion of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities and journal entries
• Prepares journal entries by compiling and analyzing fixed assets and lease information from various sources
• Helps maintain and implement sound accounting controls
• Recommends changes for improvement in controls, as necessary, within a SOX controls framework
• Performs monthly analysis of account activity
• Performs balance sheet account reconciliations
• Develops strong relationships with departments outside of accounting
• Helps perform special projects, when needed
• Supports external and internal auditors, as needed
• Assist Team Lead and/or Fixed Assets Manager, as needed
• Maintains confidentiality over financial information.
• Required to learn company policies, procedures and safety rules.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.