Required: Public Accounting, CPA and Retail
247 total package
The VP & Division Controller will assist the EVP/Chief Financial Officer with maintaining the accounting records in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, issuing external and internal financial statements, evaluating the company’s internal control structure and coordinating the accounting functions within the department with Shared Services Functions.
1. Direct all day-to-day technical and financial accounting activities and functions of Company, including: timely and accurate monthly financial reporting, consolidation and closing processes, including reconciliation of various financial statement accounts.
2. Development and implementation of strengthened internal control and accounting policies and procedures (both systematic and user functional to ensure data integrity and safeguarding of assets), while minimizing manual effort and ensure compliance with requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
3. Responsible for managing all aspects of the annual external audit, including fieldwork, preparation and review of audited financial statements and facilitating audit status/update meetings as well as coordination of the overall audit process with Finance.
4. Will be a key interface to the finance team, providing financial and accounting guidance and assistance to department leaders as required.
5. Develop and implement accounting department structure and processes to increase the efficiency of the department while establishing/maintaining an effective internal control structure, with self-audit procedures that will ensure the consistent application of accounting policies.
6. Develop a highly skilled and well-trained staff (provide appropriate training, coaching and career opportunities) to ensure the efficient and effective management of all functions, with the ability to support a rapid-growth company, always striving to “raise the bar”.
7. Develop effective means of communication with associates at all levels across the business to build a relationship of trust and respect, collaborating to resolve financial and related operational issues.
8. Responsible for understanding the business strategies, operations, and initiatives of assigned departments and ensuring proper accounting is applied. Also responsible for ensuring changes in retail store operations and customer offerings are properly reflected in the financial statements and accounting records.
9. Maintain in a manner acceptable to all government regulatory agencies and good order, all records and files assigned to this function and ensure the safekeeping and confidentiality of all company records including computer information. Responsible for oversight, operation and upkeep of data systems, software, hardware, and reporting systems.
10. Responsible for the timely preparation of accurate, complete and reliable, financial statements; ensure audited financial statements and notes to the financial statements are accurately prepared in accordance with GAAP; review and analyze financial statements to ensure that the results are accurate and reliable.
11. Establish/Maintain an effective internal control structure, with self-audit procedures that will ensure the consistent application of accounting policies, including overseeing the timely and accurate preparation of account reconciliations. Ensure compliance with GAAP, tax, legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
12. Assist FP&A with the annual budget process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of final budget to Corporate Finance, including financial statements and all supplementary schedules. Also support FP&A with monthly variance analysis.