Assistant Controller Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Assistant Controller Opportunity:
- They have been in business for over 50 years!
- “Small company atmosphere with large company insurance benefits” – Glassdoor Reviewer
- Provide support for a $20M year in revenue
Perks of the Assistant Controller role?
- Visible & Direct point of contact with Controller
- Career development opportunities
- Fantastic Health Benefits and 401k program
- Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid!
Overview of the Assistant Controller role:
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise company finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- Manufacturing background
#cfstaffing #houstonjobs #accountingjobs