Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a Private Equity backed virtual mental healthcare provider to identify a CFO to join their team. As the first executive finance hire, CFO will have hands on responsibility for the daily operations of the accounting/finance function while partnering with the broader senior management team to drive the strategic financial growth of the company.
This is a REMOTE position and requires minimal to no travel. MUST HAVE for-profit healthcare experience.
Why the CFO opportunity?
- The Company: Early-stage telehealth mental health provider with $14M in revenue, expanding from an outsourced role to an in-house finance resource.
- The Growth: Profitable, fast-growing company with 100% year-over-year growth. They are growing organically through expanding existing partner relationships and have contracts in place that ensure strong revenue growth going forward.
- Opportunity: As the company’s lead financial professional, the CFO will be charged with building out the accounting/finance/HR/administration infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
- The Exposure: The CFO will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted advisor to the senior management and private equity partners.
The CFO’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to CEO/Founder, the CFO will have responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the company including: the preparation of the monthly financial package; management of GL accounts, annual audit and submission of government and related tax returns; and financial planning.
- Provide financial and operational metrics and analytics to executive management.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the company.
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting
- Implement reliable forecasting tools (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet).
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- C.P.A., M.B.A., or master’s degree in finance is preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of total experience. Must have hands-on experience working in an accounting and financial management function in a high-growth company.
- Experience in the for-profit healthcare sector is required.
- Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives within a high-growth environment.
- Experience working for a Private Equity-Backed company as a Portfolio VP of Finance or CFO is desired but not required. If no prior PE experience, then you must have comfort dealing with debt on the books.
- Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing metrics/KPIs around the organization’s functions.