Why work here?
- Flexible working schedules. In-office position.
- LSA program – 100 per month! Get a gym membership or get a monthly massage, mani/pedi on the company!
- Good Work/Life balance – it is VERY rare that you will work overtime (the manager has never missed a kids sporting event!)
- Low Turnover. The average tenure is over 10 years. The manager of this group has been there for over 20 years!!!!
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!
- Convenient northwest Houston location.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start PLUS 2 weeks of PTO. You get additional weeks after years of service.
- VERY visible role. Work hand in hand with CFO / CEO.
- Room for advancement in the next few years.
What you will be doing….
- Prepare and detail review tax return work papers, complex Excel spreadsheets, and state and federal income tax returns for S corporations, partnerships, private foundations, benefits plans, trusts, and individuals. Must be able to independently prepare complex Excel spreadsheets, analyze source documents for book/tax differences, prepare and review information returns, quarterly tax cost & percentage depletion, UOP and MACRS depreciation, and taxable income estimates as well as the final tax returns.
- Duties include research of various state and federal income and franchise tax issues, and communications with with tax authorities, analysis of capital expenditures for tangible/intangible characteristics and expense versus capitalization issues.
- The position is also responsible for reviewing the monthly and quarterly state withholding returns, the quarterly federal financial census reports, various state annual reports and franchise tax returns.
- Regular technical research will be required to maintain current knowledge of state and federal income tax laws and to facilitate the proper treatment of unusual items and transactions.
- Not directly responsible for supervision, but the position will review the work product of Staff Tax Accountants I and II, Tax Accountants I and II, and Tax Accounting Assistants; and, will provide guidance and instructions to them.
What you need to bring to the table….
- Minimum of BBA in Accounting with CPA. Masters in Tax or Professional Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years experience with public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of basic tax accounting principles, partnership and S corporation taxation, and state income/franchise tax required.
- Knowledge and experience in oil & gas independent producer tax preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and tax return software.