Why work for this company…..
- The company is a leader in its niche. They are GROWING, GROWING, GROWING!
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.20% bonus target.
- Quarterly or semi-annual trips to Houston.
- Accounting and finance team of 30 plus and growing!
- In the renewables space.
- 100% remote!
- Must LOVE change.
- Awesome manager with a ton of knowledge to share (former big 4 audit manager with CPA).
- PE-backed and pre-IPO!
- Very little overtime!
What you will be doing…..
- Payroll Processing: Payroll processing. Manages the payment processing of garnishments, and all other deductions. Troubleshoots payroll issues as they arise. All payroll runs will need to be reviewed and signed off for completeness and accuracy.
- Payroll Posting: Payroll processing ensuring that all payroll is recorded and classified in the system and general ledger accurately. Facilitate and partner with the business in gathering and understanding any feasibility, impact, risk, and ability to make changes to or address issues and exceptions as related to the payroll process
- Payroll Reconciliation: Reconcile information each pay period to ensure accuracy between the detail pay history table, the financial system, the HR system and the firm’s payroll system. Reconcile payroll tax liability accounts in the general ledger to ensure that all taxes and other compensation withholdings are deducted and settled accordingly
- Payroll Tax: Manages the processing and reviews, monthly, quarterly, and annual state and federal payroll taxes for all companies.
- Benefits Accounting: Manages monthly account reconciliation to ensure benefit accounting is complete and accurate. Review all invoices for benefit premiums to ensure agreement to employee benefit elections and contracted rates on a monthly basis.
- Audits/Other: Performs 401k annual audit and compliance testing including the review of forfeiture accounts. Performs Worker’s Compensation insurance annual audit and review. Performs all state and local payroll tax audits as they arise as well as other audit/reporting related to payroll and HR. Assists in annual internal audit for payroll and benefit requests.
- Budgeting: Assist in the compilation of budgets surrounding salaries and benefits and perform reconciliations to ensure costs are tracked in accordance with those budgets.
What you need to bring to the table…..
- 8 or more years of payroll management experience and experience in the Construction industry is a must.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in general accounting including reconciliations of tax, benefit and payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of current payroll and state tax laws for multiple
- Ability to handle confidential information and be sensitive to personal situations.
- Expert-level skills working in MS Excel.