About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a well-established service organization in the Houston area and they are adding a Staff Accountant to their team
- HYBRID schedule! 3/2 – Wednesdays the entire company is in together.
- Very diverse company.
- 3.5 rating on Glassdoor. One revie2 stated that the benefits are amazing and there are endless possibilities to grow from within.
- The manager is very happy to mentor and train! They love to share their knowledge and stories.
- There is unlimited room for growth. This company heavily promotes from within.
- Both managers have been with the company for over 8 years.
- Very little overtime!
- Company is very focused on training and they are launching a new system from PWC for all employees to enjoy for free!
Overview of the role:
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule.
- Must have experience with SAP.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Work with Accounting Manager to analyze monthly SGA actuals against budget.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 3 years of GL experience.