E-Commerce Strategic Pricing Manager- Remote
Our client, a rapidly growing company in the E-Commerce space is seeking a Strategic Pricing Manager to join the team. This role is 100% remote and will report to the GM.
As the Pricing Manager, your primary focus is to drive the growth of gross profitability through large scale elasticity testing and optimization of unit economics. You’ll work closely with the senior leadership team and brand owners to identify areas of opportunity to enhance the pricing strategy within a catalog of 2 million+ SKUs and execute adjustments to retail pricing to capitalize on these opportunities.
Why work for the company:
- Dynamic role, great for someone that loves to look at big picture but also get their hands dirty building models & extracting data!
- Company is growing at a rapid rate & diversifying into multiple verticals
- Strong financial backing with a firm focused on accelerated growth
- Great group of people that are innovative and love new ideas.
- Company has been in business for over 30 years & has solid revenue growth but experiencing rapid growth due to new ownership & leadership that is skilled in E-Commerce!
What will the Strategic Pricing Manager do?
- Develop new pricing strategies, analyzing and forecasting pricing impacts, optimizing customer conversion, and improving gross profitability.
- Integrate information from multiple data sources, provide key pricing insights, and communicate clear and actionable recommendations to drive the growth and profitability.
- Monitor competitive pricing trends that could affect current pricing strategy.
- Compile statistical financial data across multiple databases and analyze sales performance to optimize unit level pricing.
- Work cross-functionally with the merchandising department to evaluate unit and brand economics to assist in supplier negotiations.
- Lead the design and implementation of pricing programs and policies related to list price setting and discount management globally.
- Develop pricing analytics models to measure pricing performance and inform list price and promotional discount strategy
- Manage resolution of any transactional disputes with distributors and suppliers relating to unit pricing.
What we need in a Strategic Pricing Manager:
As the Strategic Pricing Manager, you LOVE getting the big picture view but know how to zoom in, analyze the data and execute on a plan to make an impact. Extracting, analyzing, manipulating, and presenting data is your jam. SQL is your love language.
You are a solutions focused, data driven, no ego, team player that loves rolling up your sleeves to find opportunities to use date to drive decisions!
- 5+ years of experience in pricing, finance, marketing, or ecommerce environment
- Experience researching, developing, testing, and launching pricing models in an ecommerce environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities, including experience collecting, analyzing and gathering insights from very large data sets
- Strong ability to create, articulate, and present a persuasive recommendation regarding pricing proposals to key stakeholders within a highly cross-functional organization
- Ability to translate pricing strategies to practical pricing conversations with internal brand owners.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to manage multiple data sources.
- Experience migrating data from multiple sources to one reporting stack highly preferred
- Experience developing financial models and forecasts from scratch
- Prior leadership or management experience ideal- as team grows, we would love to build under this manager!
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SQL is required